Friday, August 1, 2014

Tiffany's Animal Quiet Book

Good morning! The quiet book I get to share with you today is so cool. Made by mom Tiffany for her son, each page features a different animal. These pages are all really original and cute; I haven't seen any like them before. And they're so detailed and well made! They would be so fun to look at and touch with a little one - I know both my baby and toddler would love this book. They're all awesome, but if I had to pick one, I'd say my favorite page is the tiger. He's just so cute!

Enjoy!


 Interview

What's your name? Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
My name is Tiffany; I made this quiet book for my 1 year old son.

What's your level of sewing experience?
I don't have a lot of machine sewing experience. I've just played around until I like the results. I do a lot of hand sewing.  

How long did it take you?
The book took approximately 3 months/90 hours from start to finish only working on it an hour or so a day.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
I looked on Google images for pictures of different animals and then free hand sketched the animal. After free handing the animal picture I sketched out backgrounds.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
For binding the book, I machine sewed the pages onto a strip of fabric and then sewed it to the cover.

What material are the pages made out of? 
The pages are made from felt and embroidery thread.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
The supplies cost approximately $10.

What's your favorite page? Why?
My favorite page is probably the horse. I made a mistake with his eyes but managed to make it look like it was done on purpose by adding a bumblebee.


Tiffany, thank you so much for sharing your adorable quiet book with us!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments: