Monday, January 11, 2016

Lou's Quiet Book

Today's quiet book is made by Lou, a stay-at-home mom who also makes custom quiet books for sale. This is a quiet book that she made for her son, and it's got a bunch of fun pages! Shape matching (with jungle animals), mix-and-match pairs, beads to learn to count, and colors and zippers to practice with. Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? 
My name is Lou. I am a stay-at home mom and I love crafting.

Who did you make this quiet book for? 
I made this quiet book for my son. He is 23 months old now.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
My sewing experience is mostly limited to just hand-stitching torn hems or patching holes.

How long did it take you? 
It is hard to say how long it took me to finish my quiet books because I only do it when my son is sleeping and when I am free but is within the span of 2 weeks.

Did you use any templates? 
I didn't use any templates. I did the letter and number cutting myself but the rest is ready-made. I searched online for ideas on design.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I bound it by thread.

What material are the pages made out of? 
I used felt and denims for covers to add contrast.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
The zipper is my favorite page because my son loves it the most.


Lou makes quiet books for sale; you can see them on her Facebook page Quiet Book by Bluegem. Thank you Lou, for sharing your quiet book with us! 

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

1 comment:

  1. This looks fab, I love that she has used the same colour all the way through, some great pages. xxx

    ReplyDelete